Thursday, August 19, 2010

Spiderman's Blueberry

Yeah, that's my little blueberry.

It started early today. To entertain the baby blue-eyes at an appointment early today, Mama packed a coloring book, and the only implement of destruction I could find; a blue high lighter. The boy was droopy-eyed & tired, so I thought he'd be safe in the backseat with the blue.

I know, I know, all of you are shaking your heads. You know the outcome. And you're wondering why I just didn't see it coming. But don't worry. I saw it. I saw it when the blue writing was all over my boy...

And since we were already blue, we ate some blueberries when we got home.



The boy has taken to telling me, "Sit, sit," and violently slapping the spot right next to him on the floor/couch/chair. So, I sit.

And when he was finished with his clean bowl of blueberries, he walked away. I thought he was done. Yeah, wrong again. Once I left the kitchen, the boy ran back in, somehow climbed up on the counter (???), grabbed the dirty eggshell of blueberries, dumped them, ate them, and then spit them back out on my recently swept floor.
"Look Mom, I made a mess!"


I mean, I can't be mad, I encourage mess-making (an effort to work through my OCD). It's just the mess within 20 minutes of a good cleaning... 48 hours before his new Italian sister arrives...

Our little guy really misses our Papa, and when Papa finally shows up, the boy is just giddy!

No comments: