Thursday, March 11, 2010

We Don't Eat Dirt


Yesterday while Z napped, Mama de-cluttered the basement storage closet, so first thing this morning we ventured to St. Vinnie's to drop everything off. And after another quick stop at the car wash for a scrub & Sheetz for a Diet Dr. Pepper, we headed back to Wheeling Park to see how the playground survived the winter.

Surprisingly, there wasn't another little soul playing despite the beautiful blue sky, warm yellow sun and the near 50* 9:30am temperatures. Oh well, the cartoons must have been really great this morning!
So, it started at the park. "Alexander, we don't eat old snow."
Other than the few small piles of snow, Alexander's favorite playground activities are trying to sneak off to the muddy mini-golf course or up the snow-covered stairs. Why couldn't he like the sliding board?
I had to drag the poor little monkey kicking & screaming from the park. Poor guy. But the temperatures were nearing 60*, and I couldn't stop thinking about playing in my garden. And now that Nature Boy has seen how much fun gardening can be, I don't think I'll have any problem luring him home in the future.
So the backyard is where Mama tried to teach the boy that "We don't eat dirt." But I was ever-so-very unsuccessful.
And I tried a little, "We don't eat bird seed." And, "We don't eat rocks." But all Mama's teaching fell on dirty ears. What a cute little dirt ball!
Notice Mama's confiscated daffodil's popping out of the tomato garden. Very nice.
"Follow me, Mama! I found some worms to eat!"

No comments: