Monday, March 8, 2010

Kids' Play

After DB's super-crafty, candylicious baby shower, we took Alexander out to the old snow-covered stomping grounds. Despite the baby-deep snow, the sky was blue & it was warm enough to start flooding the Little Conemaugh. Good times.




I love Jackie's house. No idea what the style is called, stretch couldn't help me out with the technical name either, but whatever it's called, I love it. I was hoping to buy a similarly-styled house, but no luck.

And her kiddos, they got sauce. I have fond memories of those little ones always happy, dancing around the house listening to Bob Marley, asserting their Independence. I think I've almost convinced Jackie to move her family to my North Carolina commune... Just a little more nagging...






Can you believe how big Liam is getting? He's 2 1/2 & so cute! Those lips! He just loved Zaney; Papa too. So much so, Liam renamed Papa, "Daddy too."


And Audrey. She is so cute, earns all A's and has simply the most delightful personality.

It was great being home with the Geologists. Even JB came over after she finished @ DB's shower. It was really fun introducing Alexander to a household that was so defining in his Mama's early adult life.

And then introducing him to Chocolate Ice Cream.



Well, the chocolate ice cream was cute while the boys were passed out on their couches...


But, at 2am, when the little man decided it was morning, it wasn't so cute. Yeah. We were up from 2am to 4:30am. I was hoping, relying on the Baton Rouge Sleeping with Mama method, but that didn't even work. That little insomniac played in the kitchen with the dog, tried to wake Hamilton the lizard, brought Jackie down to diagnose his illness. He wouldn't even consider sleep until Denny came down, tried to goo-goo, gaa-gaa at him & Alexander came running to my arms, begging for sleep.

And, what better way to recover from a crazy, sleepless Saturday night, than some Sunday morning Sponge Bob. Oh, that & homemade scones. Yum.
I just love those Geologists!

No comments: