Monday, March 1, 2010

A Mightly Pickle

Well, there's no easy way to say this. So, here goes...

My baby pranked the Wheeling Police Department. Then hung up. Well, technically, I hung up. But, Papa gave him the phone. OK, I gave him the phone, but Papa turned it on.

The phone was blinking "Insert Sim," so we assumed we were safe... enough. So, FYI, even unactivated cell phones can dial up the fuzz.



But before I had to call the police department, divert the en-route cruisers & promise to never let the boy use the phone again, we sat down for dinner. Although we eat most of our meals as snacks, we always sit down to dinner together. The commercials say it is the thing to do.

Although we always eat dinner together, Mama hasn't spent much time cooking since the nap-free fever week began. But tonight I forced myself to break the take-out habit & back a Sheppard's Pie for dinner. And Sheppard's Pie, according to Papa, requires pickles. Unfortunately, last time Papa required Russian, read Jewish, pickles, he ate them all & put the brine back in the fridge.

So, what do you do when pickles are required, but the jar is empty? You just drink the juice. I think I saw Dirdushka do this once... but he couldn't finish the glass.

But Papa, Papa is hard core. You did notice Papa swigging from the pickle jar in the above video, right? And now Papa wants to teach our boy the way of the pickle too.

1 comment:

Amber said...

OK the pickle jar is too cute. I had pickles, minus the juice, for dinner last night too.