Saturday, November 1, 2008

Week 30+

Ten weeks until delivery! Hoy vey!

The little guy spent the week bulking up on yummy Halloween candy (we almost didn't have enough for all the ghosts & goblins who rang the bell!). Baby Boris (I cant believe no one is interested in his REAL name!) is about 17 inches long & weighs about 3 pounds. My belly is really rounding out; just like my butt! However, I still don't have any stretch marks, which my doctor was amazed by!

At my 29 week appointment last week, my belly measured 29.5 cm, which is dead-on where it should be; or at least that is what the doctor said! I've gained a total of 19 pounds; and can expect to gain about 1 pound/week from here on out. I sure hope I can keep it to just 1 pound/week!

(Yes, I am barefoot & pregnant in the kitchen, BUT D was the one cooking!)

Although the nursery floor is installed, neither D or I could motivate to paint or install the quarter round this week; maybe tomorrow!

However, I have been quite motivated to start my baby sewing! And not only Baby Boris sewing, I made extras in hopes that all my girlfriends will get knocked up soon! (Jenny Brown, Emily!) Last weekend when Jenn & the kids were in town, Norah was tugging on a little Grandma-made ribbon blanket. Oh, what an idea! They cost $15-$25 at the store & I can make 10+ with just a half yard of $3/yard discount fleece and flannel! And after a few hours on crafster.com, I found a pattern for little ribbon balls too (And they sell for like $20)!


(Blanket & Ball Pattern:
http://www.newconceptions.com/patpdf/TagToyspdf.pdf)

I've already made presents for Norah & the other new babies and I am now thinking of what I can do with all the additional blankets, balls & blocks that I plan to make. But don't worry, I have a few ideas... The church ladies have a committee to take dinners to all the new mothers after delivery, so maybe I could donate some to them; and there are a couple prego ladies that come thru the soup kitchen line; and maybe once they are baby tested, I could sell them to the hippie hemp lady at the farmers market in the spring, so she can turn around & sell them for a profit! That sure would beat working part-time at Kroger!

Although Jenn & Sveta handed down 300 pounds of clothes, bibs and shoes; I am sure I will need some more, so I started making bibs yesterday!

(Bib Pattern: http://nested.typepad.com/blog/2007/07/something-to-ma.html#more)

And I am so excited about my second attempt at a Boppy pillow cover for my $3 yard sale Boppy pillow!

(I Cut the pattern from Jenn's current Boppy cover; and then pinned it; and recut it; and never did come up with a final pattern...)

And today, while Daddy D is at Daddy Bootcamp, I plan to whip up a pair of adorable cloth booties for little Baby Boris!

(Bootie Pattern that I havent made yet: http://www.poopockets.com/free/footies/footies.htm)

Hoy vey, as you can tell, I am way excited about the sewing. It is so cold here, that sewing seems like a warm alternative to going outside!

Although I didn't go outside much this week, I did make the most of my afternoon out with D yesterday; we Early Voted! And as we drove home through the neighborhood after voting I commented on how great it is to live in a neighborhood where 85-90% of the yard signs support Obama. Then we pulled up to our stop sign, and I noticed that our Obama sign was missing! Someone stole our Obama sign, while we were out voting! Hoy vey!

(This picture was completely unscripted. Jenn, Mike, D & I were eating D's famous breakfast in the kitchen & we heard Ethan singing "Obama, Obama, Obama." After 5 minutes or so, Jenn snuck a peak into the living room & found Ethan rallying for Obama! How cute!)

2 comments:

JB said...

OMG - you are the best at sewing. I am ever so jealous.
Ethan is so hilarious! That's the cutest ever! Wayne is convinced Obama will take Oklahoma (Oklabama?) GOBAMA!

Mama said...

i sure hope wayne is onto something! did he go see murtha & clinton at UPJ yesterday?