Monday, November 3, 2008

31 weeks

Only 9 more weeks until we meet little Baby Boris (still definitely not his real name)! D & I have decided on a first name, and we've narrowed our middle name list down to just four family names... Good things we still have 9 weeks to make a final decision!

This week the little guy weighs about 4 pounds and is almost 17 inches long. The little chubby checker probably wont get much longer in the next few weeks, BUT as long as I keep sprinkling chocolate coated Miracle-Gro on him, he will be on track to gain another 4 or 5 pounds before he sprouts. Hoy vey, he could be a BIG baby; but I wont think about that! (Target had all their Halloween Candy on sale this week & I bought about 20 bags of miniatures & fun size candy for just .57 cents a bag! You k now I cant pass up a deal that good!)
Daddy D went to my OB appointment today and got to hear the official 137 beats/minute heartbeat. Unfortunately, D also got to see how close I am to weighing 200 pounds; I think I might stop lying about my age now & start lying about my weight!
I gained almost 2 pounds since my visit 2 weeks ago, and my belly is measuring 32 cm. (Yep, Jeanette, the doc measures in cm & measures from the top of the pelvic bone to the top of the fundus *bump*).

Although Baby Z (the name Jenn has decided to call the baby) could hear sounds before, his hearing should be fully developed this week. He can distinguish voices, and he can even move to the rhythm of our favorite music. (Luckily, D & I stumbled upon some young Louisiana natives, new to WV, who seem to share many of our ideals and have a full collection of current music that they are willing to share with us! Baby Z will finally have something new to dance to!)

While listening to some Simon & Garfunkle this week, Baby Boris' brain will enter another period of rapid growth. D will have to feed me Omega-3 rich salmon 3 times this week; you know, for the sake of the baby's brain!

D & I are also going to torture ourselves with the flu shot on Friday, all for the sake of Baby Boris. Supposedly, my shot will protect the little guy for the first 6 months of his life. The munchkin's immune system is in hyper-drive from now until the end of his incubation, so hopefully this shot makes him the healthiest baby ever!

Hoy vey!
Also this week, D & I attended our second Lamaze class; unfortunately, I couldn't concentration on their breathing techniques at all, because the class was Tuesday night, at the same time the first election returns were coming back. I cant tell you how excited I am to have my baby born under Obama's administration; and then have him spend his first 8 years thriving under Obamas leadership! Yippee! I just cant loose the smile!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I drive all that way and dont even make it into your blog? what do I have to do? =) Glad your visit went well.

Mama said...

OH, I wrote it & posted it before you even visited! I promise to mention you this week! :)