Friday, November 14, 2008

8 Months and sleeping like a baby (up evey 2 hours)


What a great week! D and I spent my 32nd week of pregnancy working on the nursery, shopping for a crib and visiting with old friends!

Late last week Emily stopped in on her way to a wedding in Ohio. We spent the evening glowing in the Obama victory and guzzling wine. Of course, I had the pre-transformed wine, in the form of water... not nearly as tasty! Unfortunately, the visit was WAY too short!

Then, on Saturday my mama called and said she was headed out to see my gramps, so we decided to head that way also. After stopping at every Sheetz between Wheeling and Johnstown for a burrito, pretzels, coffee, chocolate milk, diet coke and some more burritos, we had a great visit with Bingo Bob. Although Bingo Bob has slowed down on the bingo lately, he is back in his apartment (after a building fire sent him packing for a few weeks) and he is no longer a diabetic! Send in the Sugar!

After a few hours with gramps, we headed over to Jackie's. I cant believe how big Dylan, Audrey and Liam are; and they are so cute! It's like I didnt miss a beat at their house. Audrey & Liam were little "cling-ons" (Denny's word); It was so cute, Liam just wanted me to hold him & Audrey sat as close as she could get. All D got was Emmy the dog in his lap (trying to escape Liam's grasp:).
And Jackie gave us bags of Liam's hand-me-downs for little Alexander, along with a Bumbo Seat. Although, I'm not sure Liam was ready to part with it yet! Jack also gave us an awesome baby present and a bunch of her maternity clothes (that I've worn EVERY day since we got home!).

My belly is growing like a watermellon in a well-watered garden! Even some of my maternity pants dont fit anymore! Hoy vey!

Little baby Alexander is about 19 inches long, head to toe, and about 4 pounds. He's big enough now that he almost fills the whole uterus; leaving my guts very little room for dinner or it's biproducts... In other words, I have lots of indegestion & I think I got up 10 times last night to pee. Hoy vey & grrr!

Daddy D & I didnt enjoy our birthing class any more this week; although we did get to watch a very graphic video of 3 women giving birth. I think D gave the film a big 2 thumbs up :); and did all the teen, single mothers in our class! Yep, I might actually stop lying about my age, becuase I am actually happy that I was able to vote before my first child was born! hoy vey. That might have been to harsh...

Anyway, I will post a belly shot, as soon as I get one, along with some nursery pictures, as soon as I finish painting!

1 comment: