Friday, October 17, 2008

29 weeks

We're getting ready! D & I have registered for parenting classes every Tuesday night in November; D is warming up for Daddy Bootcamp on November 1; and I have my nursing pads ironed and ready for my December 1 Breastfeeding class!

Even Baby B is getting into the act! He has been practicing his breathing this week, getting ready for his big birthday! I've been feeling a fluttering, and thought my little Bruce Lee was rapid punching me. But it turns out that Boris has the hiccups!

And luckily, Jenn will be bringing me her friend's G-Diapers this weekend, because the little guy has started wetting the womb! Although, Im not sure how we'll get that diaper on him at this point...
Baby Boris is nearing 17 inches long, and weighs about 2.7 pounds. At this point the little guy's eyes are blue (fingers crossed that those baby blues come with freckles), and he is able to see bright lights through the uterus. Although, his x-ray vision may not be developed enough to see the light through all my layers of clothing... Can you imagine? I wore 4+ layers in Louisiana, and it is much colder in WV. One lady at church insists that I wear too many layers; and she doesnt even know me! Hoy vey!)

I do uncover the little guy sometimes... like when I am trying to see my toes!


It seems like my belly just popped overnight! I was outside chasing Peanut last night and a neighbor walked by & was shocked that I was pregnant. We had hung out at an auction 2 weeks ago, and she said she hadnt even noticed my belly. The preacher even commented that my belly finally popped this week! Hoy vey!

Of course, I'm sure the fact that I'm still trying to wear my non-maternity sweaters & long-sleeves probably excentuates my growing beer gut!

And speaking of beer guts, construction has finally started on the nursery!

D started working nights this week, but he still found time to tackle the nursery floor! Yippee! He ripped the carpet out on Sunday, spent yesterday morning replacing rotton boards and hopefully when he wakes up today he will finish leveling everything! If all goes well, we will have new hardwood by early next week!

Great Success!


Hopefully, I will get the room primed this week also. Baby Boris is so close to having a nursery! I am so excite! (Can you tell D & I watched Borat this week?)

The only other news to tell this week is that our little Peanut mauled his first mouse while roaming around the back yard. Have I taught him nothing? Just because I am eating some meat now that I am prego, doesnt mean he is allowed! Hoy vey!
I am off to the OB this afternoon to hear Baby B's heartbeat...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you! Less than 2 weeks.

Mama said...

Yippee! You're coming the evening of the 5th & leaving on the 6th? I have a doctor appointment at 2:45, should i change it?