Friday, November 21, 2008

Your Tunes. My Tunes?

I stopped by the library earlier this week & picked up a couple Simon & Garfunkel CDs and the best of The Smith's, but they just aren't cutting it...

So, if any of you feel like flashing back to 11th grade & want to burn a "mix tape" for Baby Boris & I to jam out to, or for Baby B to snooze to, we sure would like it!

New music. Old music. Anything but new country; we'll get enough of that blaring out of truck window here in the Mountain State! Although the old "Country Gold Saturday Night" classic, folky country-type Country is pretty good stuff!

I have such giggly memories of walking down the stairs and finding my mama dancing around the living room with the Woodstock soundtrack cranking out; and of dancing with Molly and the trees as we hiked through the woods of Somerset County with an old tape player strapped to our backpack; and of Dylan & Audrey twirling around the living room to the rhythms of a Phish instrumental; and Ethan & Sarah dancing circles around the family room with intricately choreographed moves to Mary Poppin's "Step In Time."

And dancing with my dad's whole family to Sister Sledge's "We are Family," at every family wedding since I was six, and everyone belting out "I got all my sisters with me"; And driving up 219 to Rochester with Jenny Brown making up new lyrics to every song on the radio... mostly about the Russian... while Moyni, Stretch & D trailed us in a gas guzzling crew cab filled with bottles & cans that we planned to return for the deposit, as soon as we crossed the NY state border. I could go on, and on, but then you might stop reading and decide not to share...

OK, one more... sitting on Daddy D's lap in our Baton Rouge apartment, rolling through every song on our computer trying to find the perfect "first dance" song, before Blake suggested Louis Armstrong's "Putting all my Eggs in One Basket," ... Perfect! And boy could D dance to that song! He was twirling me, and swirling me... where did he learn all that?

So, if anyone has any suggestions for a soundtrack for Baby Boris' youth, I'm all ears!

(And if you're not technologically inclined, if you want to just suggest a play list, I can ask Daddy D to download the songs & burn a CD for us!)

xoxo
e

No comments: