Friday, November 21, 2008

33 weeks @ 3:30am


Let's see... It's 3:30am and I'm watching Rehab: Party at the Hard Rock; but I'm not so sure Baby Boris is enjoying it. I know I'm not!

Anyway, I am 33 weeks prego, with less than 7 weeks until my due date! Whoa Hoo! I finished painting the nursery this week, and now Daddy D just has to finish the quarter round, hang some shelving and install a new ceiling fan & light fixture. I think it seems like we've been "almost" finished with the nursery for a month now!

Although progress seems slow on the nursery, Baby Boris is growing at warp speed. At my 33 week appointment yesterday my belly measured 34 weeks... which, if you are crazy like I am, you'd figure this meant mean that the baby is actually 34 weeks developed. WHICH would move my due date up seven days. WHICH would be January 1. WHICH, although this would be hectic, would also be ideal for the freebie queen (AKA- me!). I think I will have to look into what WV does for the first baby of the year, just in case :). "Push him out, push him out, waaaaay out! Go team!"

Baby Boris is about 5 pounds and around 17 inches this week. He is moving less, but his twirls & swirls are much stronger. He's also had quite a few cases of the hiccups; so cute! D thought it was his heartbeat, a rhythmic pulsing pusHing my belly up & down. I should take a video!

I've gained 23 pounds so far, but I know I can do better! A girl I volunteer with at the Soup Kitchen gained 75 pounds for her first baby; and I cant let her out-do me! So in the next seven weeks I plan to gain approximately 8 pounds/week. That will beat her 75 for sure! Tub-o-lard here I come!

Of course, the 20* weather & daily snow showers here in WV will definitely help me reach my goal. Cause who wants to go outside in this bitter cold? Really, who wants to get out from under the fleece blankets & the 20 pound cat to even move around this old drafty house? Brrrrr!

(Note: Don't forget to bring your long johns & fleece socks when you come to visit this winter. As a matter-of-fact, you might also want to bring an extra snow shovel, some rock salt & a Russian Ushanka Hat. Brrr!)



Unfortunately, I still haven't taken a Belly Shot... but hopefully we'll get one this week! But since I don't have any pictures of my own baby, I'll leave you with two other mother's "special deliveries" this week!



My high school friend Jessie had little Topher this week; don't you love this picture?




No, Jenny Brown didn't pack off to Oklahoma to birth this cutie. Handsome little Eli is Stretch's sister's first little baby. But wouldn't JB make the perfect Episiotomy victim?




And, of course adorable little Galina; Jeanette & Vasya's little girl! She is probably about 3 months now & so far away in Germany. Come home Galina! I promise to turn up the heat!

No comments: