Thursday, September 11, 2008

Monthly Appointment- week 23

(Blogger deleted/lost/stole this post the first time I tried to post it... and as you know, it is hard to recreate perfection... so here is my mediocre attempt... :)

Mini and I just returned from our monthly doctor's appointment, and we couldn't be much healthier!

Daddy D sent me to the appointment with his little MP3 player so that I could record the little guy's heartbeat. Daddy hasn't heard the heartbeat since our 12 week appointment, so this should be pretty exciting for him (I couldn't decipher the heartbeat at the 12 week appointment, so honestly, this might be the first time D hears Baby Boris' Beat). And I thought I would share this little miracle with all of you as well! The little guy's ticker was going about 145 BPM, which is perfect! The normal range is between 125 and 170.

My swelling belly is perfect size 23 weeks, and the Physician's Assistant said that I am right on track for a January 8 baby! Norah (Jenn's third) was born on January 7, so one day early wouldnt be so bad. And if we are a whole week early, Baby Boris might find himself swimming in freebies for being the first baby of the new year... wishful thinking!

In addition to the MP3 player, I went to the appointment armed with a ton of questions! This was my first appointment with the practice's new Physician's Assistant, and she passed my million question bombardment with flying colors. The PhysAssi, whose name escapes me, gave us the OK to visit one of those strip mall ultrasound centers so that D & the whole fam-damly can see Baby Boris bounce around in 4-D. (Unfortunately, due to a 2 hour delay and a crazy hospital protocol, D had to go back to work before I even got into the ultrasound room for my official ultrasound last month.) The Doc said that as long as we only go once, we wont have to worry about exposing the babe to too much ultrasound badness.

Unfortunately, the PhysAssi also said it was OK for me to keep on painting, and painting and painting. D bought me a *stylish* OSHA respirator, and I guess as long as i keep wearing that, I can keep torturing myself daily... Luckily, I don't have too many more rooms to paint before the house looks somewhat normal! The kitchen is no longer orange, what more can a girl ask?

Because of my O-positive blood type, the PhysAssi said that the doctor/hospital will not be taking my placenta & cord blood for stem cell research. Maybe she was confused or maybe I am confused, but it's unfortunate that that sac of DNA cant be used for something?

My next appointment is October 8 with the *real* doctor, and I will have to do the glucose test- Yuck! I can barely stomach full-octane Coke, I cant imagine how I will feel after their gag-arific sugary swill. I hope it comes in chocolate milkshake flavor. Oh, i do love the ice cream these days! Ooo, and mac & cheese! Yum!

No comments: