Tuesday, September 9, 2008

23 weeks

Baby Boris (still not his real name) will be 23 weeks (161 days or almost 6 months old, depending on who you talk to... JB, Dana?) this Thursday! I am still just 25... And I am sure none of you would even try to dispute that... Grrr!

The little Russian is about 8 inches, crown to rump, and weighs about 1 pound... so what about those other 14 pounds that i've gained, well, I am also carrying a 10 pound baby on my butt. Sir Mix-a-lot even wrote a song about me... cause baby got back... :) hoy vey.

Boris has quite the appetite. He seems to love everything unhealthy... especially M&Ms, chips and ice cream. Fortunately, I don't mind helping the little guy out!

We're almost finished "fixing" the guest room, so D & I are starting to focus on renovating the baby's room. We ordered new windows for the room, because the current ones are painted shut, and were probably installed in 1910 when the house was built. We will be ripping the carpet out and re-doing the floors in the next few weeks also. Of course D will be in charge of all of these boring details, freeing me up to focus on the more important color pallet, furniture and design decisions.

Lynn was asking what "theme" we had picked for the nursery, and I think we're probably going to go with a barnyard/Charlotte's Webb-type theme. My mom painted a water color for me when i was a little girl of Fern, Charlotte & Wilbur, and we are thinking of re-matting & framing that for the room.


Of course, I haven't found many nursery items to go with this "theme" so we will see. Jenn encouraged me to start a baby registry at Target & Babies-r-us; and I will tell you what, this was just about the hardest thing about pregnancy so far! What in the world do you register for? And what if no store carries all the items you need? Hoy vey! I am sure that if i was pregnant with a girl, this whole process would have been a lot easier!

I was hoping that since I plan to breast feed, i wouldn't need much for the little guy... but I am quickly learning that this isn't the case.

Jenn, Jackie, Sveta and Christine have all offered some of their hand-me-down's; which is AWESOME! We are so excited to give a few things a new home & keep them out of the landfill a while longer! Between these recycled hand-me-down's and some of our yard sale finds this summer, we've accumulated a lot of what we will need. We have a jogging stroller (I just need to get new inner tubes)($15-yard sale), an Infantino Sling ($5-yards ale), a bathing tub, a changing table pad (I just need to sew up a cover), a bouncy seat, a swing, a boppy pillow ($1-yard sale!) a jumper, a bumbo baby sitter and all kinds of cute little clothes!

We are very open to suggestions about what you think I might need, or what we might not actually need/use. We really don't want a bunch of "stuff" and I am really hoping not to acquire anything that we really wont use. So hopefully all our "mommy" friends can make some recommendations on their "couldn't live without" and "never used & quickly donated" baby gear.

No comments: