Thursday, October 22, 2009

Indian Summer & an early Christmas

Just like his daddy. Alexander LOVES every fruit we've offered him. Last week it was plums, this week cantaloupe. Unfortunately, (or maybe this is how it's supposed to go?), the little bugger's eating so much fruit, he's lost his appetite for milk... He's still sleeping through the night, so I guess I wont worry about it.

You can't tell from this pictures/video, but Z uses his bottom teeth to scrape the fruit off the rind. He had a hard time getting the fruit off the middle of the slice, but had a good first effort! Of course this morning when I sliced another cantaloupe, I turned my back a little too long, and he ate the rind also:).

Despite the vast quantity of plums, homemade applesauce, watermelon, apple slices, peaches, fruity baby food & fiber-packed farina (thanks Nemka!), Zander still isn't back to his old routine.

Since I'm not too adventurous food-wise, I'm trying to introduce Alexander to a variety of spices and flavors now. I've been sprinkling garlic powder on his baby food & he even tried (and seemingly liked) one of our spicy oven potatoes this week.

Our very inaccurate thermometer read 80* today in the sun. So Zander & I spent our day mowing the lawn, replanting our container gardens in the backyard for the winter, and walking around the yard in our bare feet!

And of course the little monkey found the smallest place in the backyard to crawl into!

Grandma gave Alexander his Christmas present this week... but of course, I'm not one to wait on these things... So we've been parading around the neighborhood in our brand spanking new Radio Flyer. He LOVES it! & the three-point harness makes mama happy too!

And today we got a package loaded with Louisiana satsumas (yum) and a pretty blue potty for Zander to practice on. Thanks Nemka!

No comments: