Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Happy Birthday: Shia's 5th Birthday Party


Now this is the kind of kid party I remember. A birthday party of my youth. A birthday party like they still host in Carlisle, but our first in the Wild & West. Grandma leading the kids in wacky games in the living room. Streamers hanging from every nick and every nack. Cake and ice cream at the dining room table. Perfection. With any luck, our New Jersey home will lend itself to such splendor.


























 



Although Shia doesn't have Alexander pegged for "future husband," she (and just about every other child in the class) has put mark on her beau. Adorable. The girls chased the boys all around the house, blowing kisses and stealing hugs. I wondered if this talk of marriage and lovey-dovey stuff was all a pre-cursor to cooties. But until then, I heard Alexander say, "But, where's my hug?!"

 

No comments: