Monday, February 3, 2014

Cover of the Rolling Stone: Old News

Apparently, while the boys and I were out of town visiting Daddy in NJ, Hi Jenny Brown and Ohio Valley Handmade were in the news (and Mama's pictures too). It was old news, making new headlines, to be exact. 

Last year the crew participated in the Ohio Valley Young Preservationist's "All You Need is Love" project to "Lovescape" downtown Wheeling for Valentine's Day. Do you remember? Well, they're doing it again. And to get even more people involved, excited and motivated for some high-grade crafting, Ohio Valley Handmade and the group's lovescaping of Wheeling's Professional Building last year took center stage. (We really did do a great job, if I do say so myself ;). 


Here's JB's blog post (with Stretch's 7 News Screen shots) about last week's evening news.


My craft group, Ohio Valley Handmade, was on the news this week. I was sitting at my favorite crochet bar, making some squares for the upcoming Wheeling Lovescaping, and when I look up, there I am on the TV. Yee haw, I'm famous.

untitled

Look at Craft Husband, holding up scissors. This was before he learned to crochet.

The best part was seeing my banner from last year - not too shabby. Thanks, year-old news!
banner

The goal of the Wheeling "All We Need Is Love" project is to bring some attention to historic downtown buildings, and hopefully, get some interested buyers. Last year's project caught the eye of a local attorney, and after some nudging from a member of the Ohio Valley Young Preservationist (who organize the project), he purchased the building! A perfect love story. Just a reminder that a few stitches can make a difference!

DSC_2032

Bye,
Jenny Brown

And to preview this year's Ohio Valley Handmade lovescaping project (and Katy's project too) check out Wild & Wanderful's blog post about the Young Preservationist's Craft Party

No comments: