Sunday, February 9, 2014

Darn'dest Things: Lovely

Alexander is really struggling without Daddy. At first he was just cranky. Now he is absolutely lovely-dovey; with an uncontrolable sprinkle of tears, anger and spurts of helpfulness.

Tonight he found my hair band, brought it to me, and as i took it to put in my hair, he grabbed it back and asked me not to pull my hair up. I asked why, and as he walked to the bathroom to put it away, he said, "because your hair looks lovely just the way it is." Of course, I was tickled with his nice words, grabbed him up in a hug and said, "you're the lovely one!"

I thought his cuteness was over, but he replied, "I'm not as lovely as you!"

As sweet as this new Alexander is, it also makes me sad. He misses his Daddy so much. I do too. Apparently, he told JB that he made the bed today, because "that's what Daddy's do." And he's taken to helping me trick Babes into taking his medicine/eating his meal/putting on his clothes each day. Goodness, what a good boy.

No comments: