Friday, October 17, 2008

Crafty Crew

(Blogger & I are again on the outs. I spent more than an hour paying homage to all of the crafty gifts we recieved in the mail this week, and Blogger deleted it all... Grrr! So here is my second attempt to say thanks!)

Baby Boris received a handful of presents from his krafty krewe this week. Have I ever told you how much I love the perma-smile I get from homemade gifts? The love that goes into them and the time spent thinking/cursing us while you make them! I love it! (Well, maybe not the cursing!)

Jenn made a rag blanket out of a variety of Muppet & Disney flannels. It is so cute!
It's not easy being Green!


My Big Sis also made a swaddling blanket out of the cutest dinosaur fabric! She absolutely picked the best fabric for my tecni-colored baby boy! Jenn is a Huge fan of swaddling; and I think I will follow her down that path... actually, I wish D would swaddle me at night!

Jenn also modge-podged a wild laundry basket, for all those diapers & burp cloths. My Aunt Amy helped Jenn trim the animal pictures out when she was in town for Car Show. I love it! It even has Baby Boris' name on it! It is so great I already filled it up with all of Boris' 0-3 month outfits, blankets, sheets, bibs and socks; I'm just waiting for laundry day!

And Miz Molly, my crafty college roomy, sent a warm & cozy barnyard tie blanket. I've been cuddling up with it all weekend! It is so soft!

I got so excited when I spotted her handwriting as the postman handed the package over to me!


And isn't this patchwork puppy so cute? You cant see it in this picture, but he has a little red tongue hanging out! Hoy vey!

Last week Daddy D was working in Louisiana and snuck off for a few hours one evening to meet his Baton Rouge posse for dinner. Who said a wife can only be jealous of other women? Although Baby Boris & I were stuck at home, alone in chilly West Virginia, at least everyone was thinking about us! Ronnie & Ellen, two of Louisiana's best peace-niks sent this awesome organic "Give Peas a Chance" onsie home to Baby Boris.

And then we received ANOTHER package from Jenny Brown & Stretchy yesterday!

With Stretch's creative direction (he picked out the fabric), JB made little Baby Boris 3 adorable burp cloths! Even Peanut couldn't keep his paws off them!

I really like the barnyard pattern. I think I will try to find a similar pattern to make a changing pad cover & crib skirt with; unless JB just wants to make that too:)!

And then there was Wilbur; the cutest little cotton pigglet for Baby Boris to play with! D really liked him too; D & Wilbur played their first game of "This Little Piggie" last night. So cute!

And what package would be complete without a few pint coasters for Daddy D to add to his collection?

Thank you so much! We love all of your crafty creations!

No comments: