Saturday, August 24, 2013

Summer with Saveliy: Knit the Bridge


At some point last Winter/Spring Jenny Brown forced Mama to learn to crochet. I rebelled. I refused. I took her class. I refused again. And then she knit a bridge... and what Mother of two impressionable young boys can refuse to help a woman cover a bridge in yarn? So I crocheted one, small, lonely square that JB then pieced together with all the many perfect squares the other Ohio Valley Handmade ladies (and Stretch) knit and crocheted for the aptly named, Knit the Bridge project in Pittsburgh.


We didn't visit the Andy Warhol Bridge (ie, the knitted bridge) to see Mama's teeny, tiny square... because, honestly, I don't even know what color it was... We visited the bridge to revel in our Jenny Brown (& Stretch)'s awesome accomplishment. They knit a bridge. Of course, they weren't alone, but wow, how cool. These are the adults shaping our boys evenings and weekends (and sometimes early mornings). We're pretty lucky. And so are commuters on the Andy Warhol for the next month!





 
(Yep, she's the once molding their young brains. Did I say molding, I meant mushing.)












 


















No comments: