Sunday, August 11, 2013

Summer with Saveliy: Heritage Port Bluesfest

 
You know, Mama's cheap. Whatever, it fits. So we've been driving around town, listening to commercials advertising the Heritage Blues Fest, and everytime we heard a commercial, I told the boys how much I wanted to go. They were listening. They wanted to go too.
 
So we went. Kinda. Sound check was free on Friday morning. We didn't get to hear Dr. John, as advertised, but we did see Mr. John, which kind of made my day. Hilarious.
 
 
 
 
The boys danced. Not just in front of the Port-a-johns. But the photo-op was so reminiscent of Folk Fest circa 2002 with JB, Stretch and Moyni. Oh, the memories...
 

 
 
And when they were done dancing, they built bridges, buried acorns and ate sandwiches. And just when we thought life couldn't get brighter, the American Queen started blowing off some steam and pulling out of port.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And then the rain threatened. I asked, "Do you want to dance in the rain or go home." Saveliy got crazy excited and insisted we stay to dance in the rain. Alexander, my own flesh and blood, my baby boy... he wanted to go home. Wha-what? Who is he? So we went home, the heavens opened up, and I was glad we were on our way home. Good choice Alexander.

No comments: