Thursday, February 11, 2010

Leavin' on a Jet Plane


Snow. Yeah. Snow. 6 inches. On the Tarmac. Then some deicer. My Mama would have been cryin'.


But my Alexander, he was an A+. At least, that is the grade the people in the adjacent seats gave him.

He LOVED flyin'. Well, he loved the Biscotti. And didn't mind the flyin' at all.


He actually found a girlfriend. Of course, she was getting married. Today. Flying to the wedding. But he loved her anyway. She was in the army. Holes in her jeans. Alexander liked her I-pod.

The story. We barely made it to Atlanta. Ran to the gate shuttle. Papa said we didn't have to run. So, we walked. When we got to the gate. Mama pounded, no kicked on the door. The lady sitting nearby said he just closed the door. Mama pounded some more.

Then Mama ran to gate C33. A large, 400 pound Valentine called up the closed gate C35 fella. Mama said I would wait at the gate. Mama pounded some more. No one opened. Mama went back to her gate 33 love.

"We just got in from Snowy Pittsburgh, " Mama said.

"Come on. Run," Mama's Valentine said.

"I love you. I love you. I mean, I love you," Mama said, as she ran after the tilted, 400 pound African American Man. "I'm gonna divorce my husband. I love you. You've my Valentine. I love you, " Mama said as the very large man led her to, and opened her Delta Flight 1359 gate.

So, Alexander shmoozed his way onto his first flight.

Everyone looked at us as we boarded. But, that was much better than sitting around Atlanta for a few days with nothing better to do...

Ah, home sweet home.

1 comment:

JB said...

I love Denis but I think either he cannot be trusted in matters of air travel.