Saturday, September 26, 2009

His Baby Shake Brings all the Girls to the Yard

Zander loves to watch Colleen & her friends get on the bus in the morning. And when Julie sits on the porch after school in the afternoon, Z will head to the window & bang until either I open the window so he can yell to her or Julie sees him & starts waving back. It's so cute!

As I mentioned before, Zander's trying to assert his independence & boycotting everything that he can't feed himself. Unfortunately, he's a bit dehydrated, but he's enjoying every bite! He tried peach slices for dinner last night & he had watermelon spears for breakfast today. Cute, but oh so messy! I read that if you dust fruit in cheerio dust it's easier to pick up; it's not, just messier!

At least he's putting all his new teeth to good work! His bottom two chompers are so cute, and he has another four peeking through the top! Daddy isn't so as happy with Z's pearly whites, since he seems to like tasting his Papa!

After an unsuccessful trip to the outlet mall in search of Alexander's first pair of kicks, we came home & tried to cheer ourselves up with some tried & true "hardwood sledding!" I remember my mama dragging Jenn & I all over the house when we were kiddos; so fun!

Although Z's anything but little Monkey Feet couldn't find a new shoe to call home, my BIL's sister gave us a huge box of her son's old shoes last time they came to visit. And although Z needs a 4 1/2 Extra Wide, there were a couple pairs of awesome 5 Wides that fit OK. So, to celebrate his acceptable shoe covering, Daddy & I decided to each grab a hand & walk Z over to the neighbor's house. Alexander LOVED walking outside! I need to ask someone to take our picture!

Oh, and D just said, "Oh, and if we ever go to Moscow, there's a circus that preforms with cats. House cats." I'm not sure where that came from? Peanut's outside, and we're never traveling to Russia!

No comments: