Sunday, October 31, 2010

Treats & Sweets

Our first Halloween, beg-a-block experience was quite educational. No, Alexander couldn't muster the courage to say "thank you" to strangers, but he quickly mastered the "Gimme some hand."


Our little froggy jumped from Goodneighbor to Goodneighbor to show off his costume; he was having so much fun collecting candy from our friends, he would lean out of his wagon with his hand extended to every house we didn't stop at. It was kinda cute.


Maia learned a little something last night too...

Trick or Treat
Smell my Feet
Give me Something Good to Eat
If you don't, I don't Care
I'll Pull Down Your Underwear

Luckily, Julie decided to just give her some candy!


After Alexander filled his bag with goodies (and demanded, "open," with each new treat), we headed home to warm up next to Papa's front yard fire.


Trick-or-treating started while the sun was still shining, so Mama never thought to turn on the front porch light... needless to say, Alexander has a lot of apples to eat this week...


When we finally made it back inside, Papa was waiting to rob the baby of all his candy. "Stick-em-up!"


Now, for your post-Halloween amusement... Mama & Papa in costume...


The neighbor's invited us to our very first West Virginian Steak Fry; but told us we could only come along if we were in drag, I mean, dressed up.
Aunt Jenn hooked us up with a bag of her best homemade costumes last weekend, so we decided to go... Mama got all dressed up like Maleficent. Thought I looked pretty good. Then, I came downstairs. Maia laughed so hard, she almost fell over. And when she finally pulled it together, she looked at me & started cracking up again. I changed.
And Papa put the costume on. Maia didn't laugh, so I guess he looked better in it than I did.

The neighbors looked great all dressed up like the ghosts of Marie Antoinette & Louie the 13th. They looked so good, they won the costume contest!
They also won the dance contest...

No comments: