Monday, April 19, 2010

No Soup for You!

So, the little double ear infection has, yep, you guessed it, another double ear infection. Well, actually, there's no evidence that this month's first double ear infection ever really cleared up.

Now the question is, did the little guy "catch" a new ear infection from his cold bug, or did the incorrectly mixed antibiotics that CVS fed the poor boy keep the kid from ever getting better?

Oh yeah, did I mention that CVS on National Road in Wheeling, WV mixed Alexander's first dose of Amoxicillin incorrectly? Yeah, they did. When we ran out of medicine on the 8th day, I called the store to ask for 4 more doses. I assumed they just didn't measure out a full 10 days worth of medicine (when we picked up the Rx they neglected to return my insurance card & CVS card also). At first the pharmacist accused me of giving the babe more than the prescribed 3.5mL 2x daily. I assured him that I've done this before, and that I am quite accurate when it comes to my retirement.

You know how I am when I sense some snaky business. So I pressed the pharmacist. He confused me a bit when he suggested the pedi wouldn't want us to buy another full prescription. I said, "I don't want another prescription, I just want the additional 4 doses I already paid for." That's when the pharmacist said that I'd already received the complete prescription, and that they (CVS) probably just didn't add enough water to the powered antibiotic. He assured me that they don't mix the water in by hand & that a machine does that. When I asked him what he planned to do to confirm that his machine is calibrated correctly, he dismissively said that he "could probably check on that."

Yeah, my baby was getting more concentrated antibiotics than he was supposed to. That, of course, explains his horrible diarrhea, lack of interest in eating... anything... and his overall cranky attitude.

I spoke with the WV Board of Pharmacy President & we are currently filing a formal complaint. Duh.

So, anyway, they babe's sick. What do you do when someone's sick? You feed them soup. So soup he ate!

(The first video is for you, the rest are for Alexander's Babushka & Grandy Smith).








Please note how the babes looks at the camera (Mama) everytime he spits. He's such a ham!



And for those of you who keep track, Alexander is currently 33.5 inches long, 26lbs 9.9oz and 466.898 days or 66.7 weeks or about 15.5 months old.

2 comments:

JB said...

Wow...I cannot imagine how you felt when he said he might check it. What a schmuck! A sure looks cute eating that soup, though!

Amber said...

We get our prescriptions there!!! I think I'll be going to Kroger from now on. I have to say I haven't been impressed with their service anyway! I hope the Babes is feeling better soon. Give us a call when you get back. I'd love to go do something.