Friday, April 9, 2010

Mama Hi-lo

At night when Papa gets home, I get a bit of a break. Alexander LOVES his Papa so much, he doesn't need me.



It took a while, but I've learned to embrace the evening freedom... minus diaper changes & bedtime & other traumatic events.

But today. Today Alexander & I ventured to the Wild & Wonderful West Virginia MOPS

Oh, the disappointment. I mean, happiness. OK, what I mean is emotional confusion when we arrived at the meeting this morning.

The babes nimbly hopped down into the Vineyard classroom & never looked back. At first I kept returning to the half door to peek in at him, secretly hoping that he'd miss me.

I heard a baby cry during the meeting, ran to check, but it wasn't my cuteso. My lovely one was happily playing, making friends & smiling at the ladies, according to the teachers.

So, I'm happy. Proud. Maybe a little "my baby's getting so big & doesn't need me." But mostly, I wanted to run to the car & call Papa & tell him how wonderfully our little man did @ daycare.
meeting. When I signed up @ the Egg Hunt they offered child care, but I assured them that my little monkey was attached to my hip. A Mama's boy. Unable to cheerfully leave my side.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I just looked at the MOPS stuff online the other day! Were the other Mommies nice? The website I looked at made it sound like you had to pay $75 to join. I wasn't willing to pay that without knowing it was worth it!

Mama said...

Everyone was very nice; and there were even a few Toddler Time Mamas there. They said not to worry about joining officially this year, but I think membership is due in May for the next year. However, I thought they announced it was just $21? I'll have to ask, cause I dont spend $75 all in one place often! Have fun in PA this week!