Saturday, July 7, 2012

It's Getting Hot in Here...


Yesterday, sometime, I noticed that the AC condenser was running, but the thermostat was reading hotter & hotter. Now it's 24 hours later on the "hottest day in decades" and it is hotter yet. Hot. Hot like I would be tempted to walk around in my undies, if we didn't have a house guest. Hot. Slightly miserable. OK, more than slightly.

Broken belt in the furnace. Ugh. Papa ordered the part late last night. Did I mention how fabulous our Daddy is? He is a top-notch trouble shooter, and one heck of a fixer. Granted, it's not fixed yet, and tomorrow is the weekend, so all I can say is, our Daddy BETTER be one heck of a fixer. :). And after spending $30 in shipping, our not-so-cheap, but very loving Papa drove 20 minutes south this evening to find the part tonight. So, fixed...kinda. it is still hot.


After Daddy did all he could to fix our hot box, Mama got to work. We visited every thrift shop in the Wild West; walked the mall, with no cash, stopping at every game, photo booth, claw game, roller coater simulator and gum ball machine,  just to look; and spent an hour touring the pet store. Then we spent way too long, in the heat (?), depositing our recyclables in the county bins. And when we got home, it was even hotter. Hotter. Hot like Justin Beber, Brad Pitt & the Crocodile Hunter, all roller up in one. (Note: Obviously, none of those men are nearly hot enough to compare to my living space right now, but I'm just trying to put things in scale...think Louisiana)


So we played with water. But since the 2nd floor bathtub was in the die-of-heat area, we splashed on the floor in front of the portable AC.








Papa thinks that maybe the house (boy's room) will cool down a bit by midnight, but until then the babe is sleeping in the living room & the boy, who refused to sleep elsewhere, is in his bed, draped in wet towels (I remember my mom putting wet rags on me to help me sleep when I was little...).

I hope I don't see any of their sweating faces until morning...Seriously, stay in your hot beds!

No comments: