Monday, November 21, 2011

Darn'dest Things: Baby Dial

Alexander wakes at the crack of dawn; sometimes before, thanks to Daylight Savings Time. In an effort to gain consciousness before the sun can burn the Ohio Valley fog off, I like to take a shower. I do not, however, enjoy sharing the peace of a steamy bathroom with my eldest son.

Solution? Netflix.

I used to bring Alexander downstairs to watch PBS; but winter has required Mama to take some drastic measures. I dial up some Netflix on my phone, cuddle the boy in my bed, crank up the heater & it's shower time. No problem.

Until this morning. This morning the kid called Grandma. Yep, he Baby Dialed. And had a complete, one-sided conversation with a picture of Grandma & Grandpa. One-sided, because he held the phone in front of his face, instead of to his ear, so that he could see Grandma's picture while he talked.

While I was telling JB about Alexander's call, the kid chimed in with, "I love my grandma, so I just call her."

No comments: