Saturday, May 19, 2007

Our Two Day trip to Moldova...

Like usual, it all starts at Ronnie & Ellen's house with a full belly...
The pictures I didnt upload were the ones of the bar they took us to in New Orleans, because the beer is cheaper than at the airport.

We spent a lot of time in the Frankfurt Airport. D hated it. There was a lot of smoking going on, so we smelled like smoke, our eyes hurt and none of it made sense because all the cigerette cartons said that smoking Kills....
The guy at the duy free yelled at me for taking this picture...

A lot of time at the airport...



We finally arrive in Moldova! About 10 men got out of this van, wearing dress shoes to unload our luggage, fix the plane engines and refuel the plane.



And then D, his 3 cousins, me and our 4, fifty pound bags squeezed in here... :)

Anna's sister's apartment looks, feels and smells just like Anna's apartment in Brooklyn! Same everything, just different country. D's Aunt Nina spent all day cooking. I loved it all- thank goodness. I still havent eaten any meat... but D assured me it was fresh. Nina made everything herself & it is so good. She even made Napoleon cake; it was so beautiful, I couldnt tell if it was store bought or fresh.
Nina has almost as many plants as I do. She has 2 HUGE Christmas Cactus', big violets, spider plants, jade and about 5 other species I dont think we have in the US.


Oldest Cousin Igor, Uncle, me, D & Aunt Nina (not pictures were Andre & his older brother Vitali)
After dinner Nina showed us all of Vitali's wedding pictures... and I thought we had a big deal. They had a church wedding (without white dress) & then the next day they had a courthouse wedding (with white dress) that lasted until 4am. I still havent met the bride... I think tonight.
We are sleeping in Andre's room. It is very nice; they have 2 balconys.
We miss you!








4 comments:

bern said...

How neat!!!! We are enjoying the blog, keep it up. You two are going to have a wonderful time. I just talked to Anna. She just asked me to go to MOldova with her in 2 years. She is very happy you are there. We are waiting for more pics and comments. We are fine. We love you. Mom and dad

lynn clark said...

What a wonderful surprise to check my e-mail today and get invited to the blog! Your pictures and descriptions make me feel like I am right there but without the jet lag and evidently smoke! Yesterday, Linda told me, "I miss Erin already," and I said, "I do too." I'm hoping you two have the most wonderful time possible. Don't forget Kerri's wish before you left! Molly's honors program went really well. She got two awards - I'll bore you with the pictures when you get back. Have a fabulous time and be safe. Peace out! Lynn

bern said...

Hey it looks like you are going to have quite an adventure. We miss you two and can't wait to see you soon. Ethan asked where you were going and I am sure he will enjoy seeing more pictures. Love, Jenn and Family

bern said...

keep them coming they are great. it is almost like we are there with you... almost with out the interesting food and company and with only your opinion of what is going on, so it really isn't like we are there at all; but at least you are having a good time. we love you guys, Jenn