Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Day 4- Crawfish Kings


D's cousin Victor had a wonderful house in the country! Their gardens were amazing. Both him and his wife are lawyers...
Finally, D found his long lost brother in the country!



We spent the day in the forest, but before we got to the forest, we had to stop to get some water...




The forest was in the middle of no where. We had to drive down through a valley village to get there. I have to say, the picnic areas could definately top Shawnee!

Did you think that Louisiana was the only place known for its crawfish? Well you were wrong. D's cousin's caught a whole pot full of crawfish.
I couldnt bring myself to try any... but everyone else liked them.








This is D's uncles' garden & guard dog. Their garden was wonderful also. I was a little surprised that they have so many of the same flowers as we do. Too bad I dont know the names of them all...


I went for a walk around the Uncles' town/village. The uncle said that these children are just 3 of a 10 child family with a mother of 28 and on child over pre-teen... I wish he would have told us that earlier, maybe we could have given them something.


Have I ever shared my extreme fear of cows?
Well, on my walk I turned a corner, and there was the herd of cows. So I turned I walked away. Unfortunately, I think they thought they were supposed to follow me... Hoy vey. Although they arent in this picture, at one point that big black one was less than an arms length away...

This is Aunt Maria. A very lovely women. Very warm & welcoming.

1 comment:

lynn clark said...

Cow - a - bunga! I had no idea about your phobia! The trip looks absolutely fabulous -- beautiful countryside and gorgeous buildings. Miss you lots. Continue to have fun!!