Monday, November 25, 2013

Can't Quit My Day Job: MeriCAN Canjo Company


Remember the MeriCAN Canjo Company? You know, the Cigar box Guitar layout in Regional Musician? And the MITCH Collective CBG workshop? And here? Now at this point I expect that you are remembering all of the awesomeness that is 'Merican Music, but if it isn't quit burned into the neck of your instrument yet, I suspect it will be after this post.


Mama has a little bit of an ambition. I want to photograph local artisans and crafters and musicians. And children, of course. But mostly the crafty people. Capture their raw talent in the same way that strangers would see if they walked past them in the street. Or maybe more like how their friends would see them in the late afternoon, beer in hand, wrapped in a bath robe, light bulbs glowing in their eyes. Whatever I capture, hopefully it will help improve their business and get people interested.
















No comments: