Saturday, December 10, 2011

Darn'dest Things: Sleep

Alexander woke around midnight, stumbled down the hall toward our room, before I intercepted him at our bedroom door. I turned him around & pointed him toward his own bed. He walked into a wall, but I thought that was because he really wanted to go back to our room.
Once I had him back in his own bed, I varied from my normal "Mama doesn't engage after bedtime" MO, sat on the floor & started singing the ABCs since he seemed so awake. The kid mumbled something thru his binkie. I thought he was asking me to sing to him or to invite him into my bed. I kept singing. He mumbled again. I asked him to take his binkie out & tell me.
He said, "Mama, please go to your own bed, I'm trying to sleep here." (Daddy says I told him A said, "Stop bothering me, I'm trying to sleep here," in the middle of the night.) Yeah, apparently, the kid was sleep-walking & thought I was waking him up to sing him his ABCs again.... Hoy vey!

No comments: