Saturday, August 22, 2009

Beautiful Sunshinin' Day

The weather has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL in Wonderful West Virginia! We've switched the AC off, opened the windows and enjoyed the last 2 days of perfect summertime weather.
Alexander recently scored a baby pool, and although he is perfectly content sitting in the colorful crock, sans the water, I enjoy an inch or two to splash around.
After a quick cool down yesterday, Zander tested out his new favorite toy; a blue bird snow sled.

In an effort to waste a little time before Z's morning nap Friday morning, we hopped over to Sheetz for a DC/DDP and made a quick yard sale find on the way home. I wasn't quite sure what the big blue plastic bird was at first. But, of course, it was a snow sled. And what child can live with out a sled in 80* weather. That's right, not one.
So yesterday afternoon I strapped Alexander in & we trekked around the back yard. He was well entertained, so I pulled out the push mower & trimmed the ice pack a bit. But the fun didn't end, so I pulled the blue bird to the side yard & trimmed back some of the bushes... and he was still content, so I played with the tomatoes.
Eventually, the Bird's novelty wore off, for me, so we went inside.
But after dinner we were porch sitting with D's buddy & rather than struggle with a squirmer, I brought out the bird, and wouldn't you know it, he still loved it! So we made circles through the front yard.
So, then this morning, I strapped Zaney back in his bird & we walked up the street to watch Daddy D help the neighbors raise the roof. Alexander's gotten a lot of construction experience at such a young age!
Anyway, he's still in love with his snow bird! And I just told the gawkers that some rowdy neighbor kids stole the wheels from his wagon, you know, so I wouldn't look crazy...

The only pool downfall, that I've identified so far is it's proximity to the grass. But the upside is that Zaney's moved from eating cat food to just eating grass. I wanted to get rid of the crab grass anyway...


Since JB & Stretch have left, D & I have decided to go "card-free." Of course, we had to pull out the plastic for Baby antibiotics & Peanut Prozac, but that's pretty much it... I think. We're eating up every not-so-delicious grain out of the pantry and harvesting zucchini & tomatoes for every meal. I was hoping to make the staples last until the end of the month, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to shop for some veggie burgers & broccoli before Tuesday!

2 comments:

Kara Amie said...

I love this whole post.

Mama said...

Thanks! If it's ever sun-shiny again, Alexander would love to share a splash with Owen!